[meteorite-list] Re: LaCriolla + State Of Met. Market

From: RYAN PAWELSKI <yellowengine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Nov 26 07:23:54 2004

Alright, I give up folks. The first person to make a reasonable offer to me takes it. I can't afford to keep the specimen at this particular time. And a quick word of advise to anyone new considering collecting meteorites as an "investment", don't count on your "investment" to do well for ya. I've sold a handful of meteorites through either eBay or the list once in a while, just simply trying to rotate out the "old stock", and I very rarely even got my money back for them. It's like I've been renting specimens for so many dollars per month. Maybe it's just me though; I just like to purchase meteorites, enjoy them for a while, and then pass them on for someone else to enjoy. Then find new ones to display. No need in hoarding hundreds of dollars of "rocks" to put on my shelves. I just don't understand the meteorite market... It's in a worse state than the U.S. economy that Bill Clinton had left for George W. Bush. Unless you're a well-known dealer you can say goodbye to that "original retail price", and ev
en then it's not a guarantee. Just ask Mike Farmer; I've seen too many of his museum grade pieces go for the price of rice. Anyway, sorry for my rambling. And whomever wants the La Criolla can have it for whatever they feel like paying for it. But let's be reasonable....please. Thank you for your time.

Regards,

Ryan