[meteorite-list] classification in and outs?

From: Tom AKA James Knudson <peregrineflier_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Nov 29 13:44:35 2004

Hello List, I am going to get a meteorite classified. I cut the stone in
two, one weighs 20g's and the other piece, 34 grams. The lab wants 20% of
the stone. The bigger piece shows a lot more of this meteorites strange
inclusions. Is it important for the sample to have all the inclusions, or
does the classification process pick up on stuff not seen? I do not want to
send in the bigger piece, but I have no way of cutting it, so I do not know
what to do! : (

This is a pic of the stone I am sending in, yes, you did see this a few
years ago.

http://www.geocities.com/alosthawker/MVC-018F.JPG

Thanks, Tom
peregrineflier <><