[meteorite-list] General Meteorite Interest HasIncreased100%InLast Year

From: Martinh <martinh_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Oct 1 13:32:30 2004

Hi List,

I usually charge $3 for shipping on order under $200. That is $1 for a
padded envelope, ~$1.00-$1.50 postage, and $0.45 for delivery
conformation. Any money made on shipping is likely 50 cents or less,
but often I absorb a greater cost when I include the specimen in a
plastic case if it is fragile, or if it is heavy but inexpensive.

I like to retain control over shipping choices on sales over $200
based upon where the piece is going, how it needs to be packed, and to
whom it is being sent (since some collectors are higher maintenance
than others). Therefore, I pay shipping on those orders so I can do it
however I see fit.

I do all this strictly for fun. If there are mailing headaches, it is
not fun.

Martin