AW: [meteorite-list] Maybe time to move on....

From: Bernhard Rems <rendelius_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Oct 4 12:51:29 2004

You have this constellation in each and every hobby where people come
together.

1) The oldtimers that look down on newcomers and think the newcomers are
something like ape is to men.
2) The oldtimers that love newcomers because they allow them to share
the love for their hobby. They think newcomers are like children - not
easy to handle but the future.
3) The psychos. They are in the hobby because that's the only place
where they think they can get some awareness. They treat everyone like
if they were that pile of shit they are themselves.
4) The newcomers that know everything better. They do not see that
merits have to be earned. They sooner or later turn into 3) (if they
lack intelligence) or 1) (if they lack a heart)
5) The newcomers that love oldtimers, because they can learn from them.
They can only become 2) after some years, never 1) or 3) (pardon, they
CAN become 1) or 3) if their girlfriend decides to leave them because of
their hobby).

There are many subkinds of hobbyists, but these 5 breeds cover app. 90%
of them :-)

Bernhard

-----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----