[meteorite-list] re: Meteor or Space Junk Fall

From: Marco Langbroek <marco.langbroek_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Oct 14 03:44:04 2004

> There was a meteor or space junk fall around my area on Sunday. A local
> family video taped the event and can be viewed here:
>
> http://home.wane.com/Video/ufo%20raw.WMV

This is not a meteor, nor spacejunk, but a sunlit aircraft contrail.

Note te very slow movement in the video, and the very long duration: afteer
seeing it and fetcing hs camera, the eyewitnness had time to get in his car,
drive to a nearby school parking, and film untill is camera battery was empty.

- Marco

------
Marco Langbroek
Dutch Meteor Society (DMS)