[meteorite-list] Which one came closest?

From: almitt <almitt_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Oct 16 23:29:27 2004

Greetings everyone,

Great topic and fun to read the responses. I'm going to rain on the parade and
say it should be which 'known" one came closest. Which one came closest is sort
of a moot point as only 1% of specimens are ever found, so you know there has to
be a significant meteorite within a mile or two (probably closer) of just about
everyone that has yet to be recovered! No doubt many fell quietly un-noticed.

Which known one came closest for me is Plymouth, Indiana. All my best! Don't
throw rocks or meteorites (unless they're ultra rare :-) (lunar and martian
preferred)

--AL Mitterling