[meteorite-list] "Tagounite L3"

From: Zelimir Gabelica <Z.Gabelica_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Oct 18 09:42:44 2004

Hello Martin, list,

Martin, on your site you are offering for sale a meteroite you are calling
"Tagounite L3".

This reminds me I also purchased in due time the same meteorite (I should
better say: "a stone with the same name").
So far, I believed this was a name invented by the nomads as Tagounite most
of the time refers to the famous place (market) inMorocco where many of the
NWA's are being purchased from nomads.

My question: do you (or anybody else) know more (status, real type, where
found, tkw...)about that famous "Tagounite L3" ? Does it have now a NWA
number and how is it known that it is an "L3" ?
I believe it is for sure not in any official nomenclature listing, nor
probably on the waiting list for receiving a NWA number in future.

It is just good to know that we are at least two of us having been once
hooked by that "name"...But there could be more of us, as this meteorite is
a beauty...Bernd ?

Cheers,

Zelimir

A 15:26 17/10/04 +0200, vous avez ?crit :