[meteorite-list] "Tagounite H5"

From: Meteoryt.net <marcin_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Oct 18 11:47:49 2004

Hello Martin, list,

Martin, on your site you are offering for sale a meteroite you are calling
"Tagounite L3".

===========
You know something that I dont know :))

My question: do you (or anybody else) know more (status, real type, where
found, tkw...)about that famous "Tagounite L3" ? Does it have now a NWA
number and how is it known that it is an "L3" ?
I believe it is for sure not in any official nomenclature listing, nor
probably on the waiting list for receiving a NWA number in future.

=========
I have one Tagounite, but not on any page. Its in my collection and for sure
its not L3

Its beautifull, big 175g endpiece with big breccia fragments and long iron
flakes. I have it described as H5 but dont know why :)

Few photos
here is Ali Hamni table where this meteorite was presented. Complete stone
1-2kg cut to slices. This I remember. Ofcourse its Ensisheim 06.2001
http://www.meteoryt.net/ebay/tagounite1.jpg
http://www.meteoryt.net/ebay/tagounite2.jpg
http://www.meteoryt.net/ebay/tagounite3.jpg
http://www.meteoryt.net/ebay/tagounite4.jpg
http://www.meteoryt.net/ebay/tagounite5.jpg

Maybe also someone on this list buy this stone ? I remember also that Mr
Stehlin classify this stone (this say me Mr Hmani when I purchased it).
Thats all I can say in Tagounitte dark storry.

http://www.Meteoryt.net marcin_at_meteoryt.net
http://www.PolandMET.com marcin_at_polandmet.com
http://www.Gao-Guenie.com GSM +48(607)535 195
--------[ Member of: Polish Meteoritical Society ]--------