[meteorite-list] NWA 1110 and pairings

From: bernd.pauli_at_paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Sep 9 17:40:05 2004

Bob Evans wrote:

> Sorry , I didn't realize trying to sell a few Martian meteorites
> would stir up so much controversy. My apologies to everyone.

I quoted:

?Voici mon secret. Il est tr?s simple: on ne voit bien
qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.?

Response:

> Joli mot qui fait plaisir au milieu de ce tumulte!
> Amiti?s, ... (nom d'un membre de la liste).

"Beautiful, pleasing quotation in the midst of this tumult!"

MexicoDoug wrote:

> Their decisions are the official names
> of all named meteorites, p e r i o d .

So, after chewing the problem over and over again, why not call
it a day and: "enjoy the real beautiful hobbies of these fantastic
stones that make our life better."

I, for my part (a very personal perspective, of course), I am
not collecting NWA numbers but meteorites. What matters to me is
if it is a meteorite or not.

Look at your meteorites, love them, fondle them, put your most recent
acquisitions on your night tables, examine these celestial beauties with
your eyes and under your microscopes with mouths wide open and relive
a child's spell while looking at a Christmas tree!

Good night,

Bernd