[meteorite-list] Brad Sampson isn't sending me my meteorites

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Apr 2 16:35:56 2005

Dear Goran,
        You have my sympathy.
        Several years back someone posted to the list having been ripped
off by BS. Then another chimed in, then another, and another and so
on. Brad began to respond, but in such an uncivilized manor I believe
he earned himself a lifetime ban from the list (very difficult to achieve,
as most know - Art is ever so patient).
        Anyway, on all this, don't take my word for it - look it up in the
list archives.
        Now, as for a certain buffoon's comment that BS is in the same
category as Michael Casper. This is the poop: while nearly every dealer
on the planet has, at least at some time, entertained thoughts of murdering
Michael Casper, he, in fact, very often treated customers VERY WELL.
He generally provided superior delivery and most often included Riker
boxes with even small specimens and was one of the first to do so.
Furthermore, in his quest to screw over other specific dealers, he often
offered material at his own very low cost per gram (as he tended to buy
in HUGE quantity) - just to sabotage specific dealers at whom he was angry -
and that list tended to be VERY long - resulting in stupendous buys for
collectors.
        Say what you like about Michael Casper, but it cannot be honestly
said that he treated customers poorly! (Dealers - unbelievably, but not
customers). Furthermore, he was not ALWAYS detestable in his dealings
with dealers. Just rather spectacularly so much of the time.
        Now, back to the Buffoon that made such a claim: he, himself is
probably the only person in the same class as BS. Like BS, he was ejected
from the list, but merely ignored any sense of respectability and forged
a wide range of email ID s making it nearly impossible for the moderator
to block him out. Some how, people on this list are still, occasionally
willing to respond to his posts.
        So, there you have it - ol BS and the buffon are a pair many, many
people have reported for ripping them off. (Of course, a certain
convicted meteorite thief occupies a singular niche of infamy).
        Again, none of this need be taken at my word - read the list
archives. It is all there for anyone to see.
        Best wishes, Michael

--
"You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are."
     -Herb Cohen