[meteorite-list] New Subject - Nigeria

From: Meteoriteshow <meteoriteshow_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Apr 20 13:59:05 2005

Hi to both Michael!

Yes it is true that many "spam" e-mails are coming from Nigeria, to propose
some wonderful looking deals, that 99.99% of the times are ways to get
information about you, your bank, your account number, letter heads and so
on... Some years ago, those highly suspect enquiries were sent by fax to
companies that are exporting to Africa including Nigeria; I received a lot
when I was an export salesman in a company making packaging machines, as I
was in charge of the sales in Africa. On their request, I reported some to
the French Embassy in Lagos, providing tel and fax numbers I had from the
messages received, and they were always leading to empty offices for rent,
where those thieves were sitting for few hours or days, just to try and
catch some fish.
So the best advise I have about those e-mails is to try and tune your
"outlook express" or whatever in order to refuse those messages, and to
delete straight away the ones passing through.
Best wishes,

Frederic - meteoriteshow