[meteorite-list] the pope/ Darrin

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Apr 20 22:44:40 2005

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 18:33:42 -0700 (PDT), Dana <zeus_daughter2_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

>Really believe what your writing on this list? Make a
>web page on it or something. Thats why I think your
>just jabbing to piss someone on the list off.

On the contrary, I posted because I, myself, was pissed off. Sickened, more accurately, by the
Papal buttox-kissing being done on the list by one or two members.

More specificly, I'm sickened by the insisting that his "dear Pope" is the biggest meteorite
collecter in the world, which was just an IDIOTIC statement. Because not only is the Vatican
collection not even close to the world's largest, the collection wasn't made by any individual,
especially by "dear" Mr. Rat-slinger. It is, according to this list
http://www.jensenmeteorites.com/meteorite-collections.htm the 20th largest institutional collection.

And also idiotic to make a special point to make OFF-TOPIC (and, yes, I realize how hypocritical it
is saying that, this being off-topic, too) posts about the death of the old Pope and the election of
the new Pope.

Setting aside for the moment the fact that not everone on this list is a member the Pope worship
cult, and that the deaths and elections of Popes aren't meteorite related-- concider this-- isn't
the purpose of this list to share information related to meteorites THAT YOU MIGHT NOT RUN ACROSS
OTHERWISE? In other words, information that you might end up missing if it wasn't provided to the
list by other members of the list? Given that, what is the point of making off-topic posts to
announce what is one of the biggest news stories of the past few years, that you could not POSSIBLY
miss if you were to pick up any newspaper or turn on any television. Is it really likely that
people might not notice this whole Pope thing if he hadn't been so kind as to provide this off-topic
information to the list?