[meteorite-list] Welcome Gary

From: Gary K. Foote <gary_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Dec 21 07:40:17 2005

Hiya Clyde/MexicoDoug,

I figured that the few $$$ that flow into NWA from meteorite sales ought to buy, oh say,
about 1/10,000th of the necessary materials to build a nuke, so it must be hype. But
being me I had to ask. Yeah, I'm a tail twister. lol

My collection is new and small and growing. My interest in astronomy goes back to my
first childhood visit to a planetarium in LA. Then I found an interesting meteorwrong
[at least I think it's a wrong]. It sat on my desk until one day last winter when I was
ored and began to look up such things online. One thing led to another and now I have
another addiction to add to my list - collecting, and someday hunting, the elusive
perfect meteorite. My Honda is quiet so I figure I may sneak up on one someday. :)

For now I have my wrong, a Campo and a Campo coin and a Barringer fragment. I'm going to
have my wrong sliced and analyzed before formal declaration of what it is. I just don't
have the 1K+ to buy a good saw yet.

I thought Aussie meteorites were off the list of touchables? Local law or something?

Shiny side up,

Gary 'Old Man of the Mountains' Foote