[meteorite-list] Lunar meteorite and Tucson show news

From: Michael Farmer <meteoritehunter_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Feb 3 00:12:39 2005

Hi again everyone, I am still in shock at having found my very own Lunar
meteorite.
I am overwhelmed with the congratulations from almost everyone. Sadly, one
person in particular today instead of being happy for me, tried everything
in their power to denounce my piece even though several of the world's top
scientists have already examined it and given me the all-clear to announce
it. I guess jealousy will drive some people over the edge. It seems that in
Europe, it takes years to get data and they cannot believe or accept that in
the USA, some of us dealers actually have amicable relationships with
scientists and can get results within weeks.
Anyway, one bad apple will never dampen my spirits.
    Tonight, even the Russian dealers took me out to dinner to celebrate
this wonderful new meteorite from our nearest neighbor. I am already in the
works to get it photographed at the LPL lab in Tucson
(it seems they take NASA's word at face value, unlike others), then sent for
cutting and should have slices available in a few weeks, the classification
should be done by then too.

Now, to the Tucson show news.
My room is jumping, Eric Olson and I are selling right and left, and many
people are here.
Today, we had quite an interesting day, when Steve Arnold from Chicago,
Mexico Doug, Bob Cucciara, Jim Strope, Keith Vazquez, and Michael Martinez
all showed up at the same time. It was a blast with beer flowing and laughs
bringing curious people to the door.
Of course, since it is gem show time, I am swamped with work, not hardly a
spare second to do much of anything right now.
Blain's room is now at the Ramada, still a very nice place, and still a
hang-out. I am trying to get them to move next door to me though next year,
can you imagine the trouble then?
Till tomorrow.

Mike Farmer