[meteorite-list] nantan :)

From: Meteoryt.net <marcin_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Feb 5 20:11:11 2005

>Another perfect meteorite :)
>http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=44608&item=6152121114
&rd=1

Zat ist der peiceofcrapun!

On a similar note, I've been wanting a piece of Nantan, but I've heard
nothing but bad things about
how bad they rust. Anyone have any luck with any cut Nantan (short of
extreme measures like storing
it in a nitrogen chamber)?

========
I buy two nantans when they are verry popular on eBay. They have inside
"healthy" iron with few milimeters weathered layer outside. After cutting
they not rusting. I have them in my workshop only once oiled with balistol
and nothing happend.
Polished surface have no rust, only from outside layer from time to time I
see a drop of rusty water on it.
Maybe I have any kind of "new" nantans ?
Anyway its alvays some luck, some preservation skills maybe.
The same we can scream that Campo rust like hell or dronino is
self-destruction meteorite :)) but I not observe this.

Ofcourse some meteorites rust more some less, but dont make problems bigger
that they are :))

Anyway, chondrites rulezzzzzzzzzzzz

http://www.Meteoryt.net marcin_at_meteoryt.net
http://www.PolandMET.com marcin_at_polandmet.com