[meteorite-list] "cobbles"

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Feb 5 23:10:01 2005

http://space.about.com/od/marsrovers/a/marsmeteorite05.htm

Interesting paragraph:

Rover-team scientists are wondering whether some rocks that Opportunity has seen atop the ground
surface are rocky meteorites. "Mars should be hit by a lot more rocky meteorites than iron
meteorites," Squyres said. "We've been seeing lots of cobbles out on the plains, and this raises the
possibility that some of them may in fact be meteorites. We may be investigating some of those in
coming weeks. The key is not what we'll learn about meteorites -- we have lots of meteorites on
Earth -- but what the meteorites can tell us about Meridiani Planum."