[meteorite-list] My tucson show

From: michel CN <michel_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Feb 6 14:00:39 2005

Dear list,

Oh dear, what a show ! yes I have sold my big diogenite. I use to say that
my pleasure is to sell my best pieces. I am not a real collector. My
satisfaction is my customer's satisfaction. Every community needs different
specilized ,actors such as hunters ( and there are a lot here), finders
(almost as much), scientists, dealers, auctioneers, collectors. But we need
also more lecturers to increase our general audience.

We are the only ones that are tru ellyin contact with the outer space.
Thanks meteorites, thanks. They gave me strong emotions, remembering my
first find, my first carb, my first achon.... still chasing for the
planetary. I m not desperate about it, it's a matter of time and patience.

Now I know what i have to do: back to the fields and find more. that's what
Bob Haag told me when I first met him in Sainte Marie during the '98 show.
I promise that i will concentrate on dio's ;-) ! Matt the next one is for
you. But it likely that I'll have to sell many OC's to fund these
prospections.

I hope to be back in my family by this Thursday, and in the cool sands next
week.

I will be here until Wednesday, packing Tuesday, last sales Monday.

I have 4 big eucrite ( Sahara 03501, Ti Hedjirine ) hand size slices left,
it is a "blue" Eucrite, slightly vesiculated and recristalized quite rare
and interesting and an historical Djermaia ( fall chad 1961 ) as major
pieces. Plus a wondefull 19.2 kg complete black regmaglypted chondrite ( to
be published this year : Kreb Ez Zafra) . And some more .....

I met so many nice guys there that I do not understand why our community is
so small, we all have to work on that.

Best wishes

Michel FRANCO
Room 222 Inn Suites Tucson