[meteorite-list] Nice CAI in a CV3

From: Martinh <martinh_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Feb 8 22:51:13 2005

Hi all CAI lovers,

Looking at the jelly doughnut (chondrule-filled CAI), I wondered if the
appearance could be misleading. I have seen some CAIs that are rather
convoluted meaning in a 3-D view, they might form a cone or other shape
where if cut along the right plane, it would appear as if the CAI was
completely surrounding the chondrules, but in reality, the chondrule
material is actually inside more of a CAI pipe or ice cream cone.
Therefore in a cross-section, say through the top of an ice cream cone,
it would appear that the cone material was completely encasing the ice
cream, but in reality, it is not.

Just some thoughts when looking at a wonderful collection of CAIs from
around the world. This is what makes this list fun!

Cheers,

Martin H