[meteorite-list] An Apology to Delraygoddess

From: JKGwilliam <h3chondrite_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Feb 8 23:03:25 2005

List Members,
Some of you might remember a thread that got started back in the middle of
January about an Ebay auction concerning a seller by the name of
"delraygoddess." There was an allegation that the auction looked like
shill bidding was involved and some tempers flared back and forth on this
Meteorite List. It was about this time that I decided to take a look at
the auction. Even though I said that shill bidding on Ebay is hard to
prove, I did say that the auction in question did in fact look fishy. In
addition, I made a comment that I thought the seller's claim that Campo
meteorites sell in stores for $5.00 per gram was deceptive.

Now, fast forward to the Birthday Bash last Saturday night.

Anne Black introduced me to Leigh Anne Delray who is delraygoddess (1648)
99.6%. She is a very charming young lady (who looks much younger than she
really is) and is a real pistol to say the least. We talked about her
auction and she expressed her opinion as I did mine. During that time, I
told her that I spent quite a bit of time searching through Ebay's database
(what they'll let us look at these days, anyway) and I came to the
conclusion that there was no possibility whatsoever that her auction
involved any shill bidding. Leigh Anne pointed out to me that I had
neglected to tell that to the Meteorite List.

So, here goes.

After doing several hours of checking sellers, bidders and histories of
everyone involved, I am pleased to say the "delraygoddess" (aka Leigh Anne
Delray) is in no way involved in shill bidding on Ebay and never has
been. I publicly offer her my most humble apology and ask that she forgive
me for being a boorish, grumpy old man.

Sincerely and Warmest Regards,

John Gwilliam