AW: [meteorite-list] European lost orders

From: Jörn Koblitz <koblitz_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Feb 14 03:30:06 2005

Hello Svend and list,

I also faced similar problems with USPS shipments last year. 2 parcels with valuable Weston specimens got lost in August and October last year. The first parcel with 20g Weston was shipped unregistered(!), the second one registered, but uninsured. At first, the US dealer who sold the pieces did not believe me that the meteorites did not arrive. After he did a search query with USPS, he realized that his parcels actually got lost on its way to Germany. The pity is, that I did prepayment by Paypal and have never received any refund from that person. Very bad!

I can advice everybody: If you do a prepayment for meteorites, take care that the seller uses the safest way of shipping (best FedEx or UPS) with online tracking possibility. This seller obviously tried to safe money on the wrong side.

Cheers,
J?rn