[meteorite-list] Lost packages

From: Martin Altmann <Altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Feb 14 06:18:36 2005

You're happy enough to be able to send your meteorites insured.
Here at german normal post (now DHL) meteorites are excluded from any
insurance (like gems, pearls, amber) and with the general insurance on a
parcel of 500Euro or xtra safe with 25.000Euro, you'll get back the shipping
costs and around 10Euro per kilogram according to a post treaty from 50
years ago, thus not even sufficient to send some stinky Campos.
Fedex and UPS refuse to insure meteorites here.
One firm exist, where it's possible, somebody told me, I forgot the name,
but the problem is, that with their shipment costs one can't compete with
sellers from US and the clients would accuse you of a rip-off.