[meteorite-list] chondrules?

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Feb 16 02:05:25 2005

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 21:31:58 -0500, "Gerald Flaherty" <grf2_at_verizon.net> wrote:

> I'd like to thank all who responded to my question. All the responses
>promoted a better understanding of the "nature" of chondrules which remain
>another marvelous mystery to ponder without dwelling upon.

All this talk of examining chondrules made me take a closer look at an unclassified NWA slice I had
bought a few weeks back but hadn't really taken a close look at before. Looking at it under 60x, I
was shocked at just how nice it is, and what a diversity of chondrules it has. The slice is right
at 40mm across at the widest, weighs 12 grams, and cost me only $4.00. Seeing it now, it looks to
be one of the best bargins I've had so far. This scan with my flatbed scanner can't begin to do it
justice, but I don't have a good way to take micro photos. Note especially the objects in the lower
right quarter.

http://webpages.charter.net/garrison6328/cool_unclassified.jpg