[meteorite-list] Ad - Please Ignore!!!! Way off topic!!!! Statingthe OBVIOUS!??

From: Alexander Seidel <gsac_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Feb 18 09:33:49 2005

"Bucklebooing" Martin, meteorite dealer (our very own "Mettmann":-)) from
Munich, wrote:

> This cubes are giving a scale for the viewer of the picture being
> able to estimate the steric dimensions, the size of the specimen. They
> are a cubic centimeter.

This is it! (Nothing else, Mr. Ross!)

They may also be useful while photographing finds "as found" in the field.
When placing the cube besides the meteorite specimen and correctly aligning
it North-East-South-West just as your compass or GPS reads, you will have
another little bit of info saved with your photo document.

Alex
Berlin, Germany