[meteorite-list] Apollo 16 Moon dust on ebay...mmmmmmmmm

From: j.divelbiss_at_att.net <j.divelbiss_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Feb 22 18:48:56 2005

According to Kevin's book (pg 36) it is illegal for an individual to possess NASA moon material. I'm sure it is then illegal to sell it on ebay.

I know such material exists in private hands because I saw a vial of it at my father's company back in the seventies. They made drilling bits that were used to get Moon core samples. I've seen the vial in the past...but to date nobody seems to know what happened to it. I know we didn't get it :(

John

-------------- Original message from ken newton <magellon_at_earthlink.net>: --------------