[meteorite-list] Comet Machholz (C/2004 Q2)

From: bernd.pauli_at_paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Jan 7 17:35:54 2005

Hello Folks,

Don't miss out on this beautiful comet tonight, provided your skies
are clear. It is a naked-eye object tonight from the suburban town
where I live (first use averted and then direct vision -- do not forget
to dark-adapt your eyes for a few minutes - ideally about 20 minutes),
it's an easy target through 10x50 binoculars and breathtaking through
an 8-inch scope.

Where to look:

First of all find the Pleiades (the Seven Sisters to the right and above
Tauraus, the Bull - my birthday constellation ;-), then look in the four
o'clock position away from the Pleiades, well, about as far away as the
apparent diameter of the Pleiades star cluster (at least here in Europe,
in the Continental US it will probably be about twice the diameter of M45).

Happy viewing!

Bernd