[meteorite-list] AD: "Big Kahuna" Full Slice & Starbucks mug

From: MeteorHntr_at_aol.com <MeteorHntr_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Jul 5 14:56:46 2005

Hello Guys,

I have just cut two full slices out of the middle of the 4.9kg "Big Kahuna" that my wife and I found in Oman. I know 4.9kg is not all that big, but for us it sure was exciting. Any of you that have seen our DVD will remember it as the one with the small surface showing above ground that revealed a "Camel Head" shaped stone that was nose first in the sand.

Here is a photo of the two slices.

http://members.aol.com:/meteorhntr/Slices.jpg

Both are about 210mm x 125mm in size. The top slice in the photo is 490g and the bottom slice is 310g, so the difference in weight is reflected in the thickness of the slices.

I tried to get 3 slices, but the third was too thin and broke in cutting. The 2 end pieces are rapidly getting smaller, so these will be the only two large full slices, and I am not even sure if I will attempt to make any more smaller full slices. When I do any more cutting, I will likely take half slices off the ends using a much thinner saw blade, so I can make many 1g sized part slices.

Bonus #1, buy one of these two full slices and get a free Oman Starbucks Coffee mug! Photo here:

http://members.aol.com/meteorhntr/Starbucks.jpg

Bonus #2, but one of these two full slices and get 10 grams of the very highest quality world famous Frankincense from Oman's Dhofar region. This frankincense has been the financial lifeblood of the region for at least 3,000 years. Photo here:

http://members.aol.com/meteorhntr/frank.jpg

Bunus #3 one of the last DVD copies of our trip to Oman.

So let me know if you are interested in one of these camel head slices. Prices are:

490g Full slice + Starbucks Mug + 10g Frankincense + DVD + COA = $449
310g Full slice + Starbucks Mug + 10g Frankincense + DVD + COA = $299

If anyone would want a small fragment or slice of this specimen, the price will be $2.50/g.

I know, $2.50/g is a high price, but I plan on using this specimen as the source material to be included, as a package, with the edited version of my DVD (if I ever get around to getting it made). My idea is to include a ~1g part slice with each DVD. So I really am not interested in selling any more than these two full slices right now, so I am sure I will have enough material for DVD & specimen kits I will be making. But if you want a smaller piece now, let me know and I am sure we can find something for you.

Grab one of these slices and you can light up the fankincense, sit back in your favorite chair with a cup of coffee in your Oman mug, and watch a great adventure while examining a full slice of the "star" performer from the DVD! What more could you ask for?

Steve Arnold
Arkansas