[meteorite-list] A statement in regards to NWA 3133

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Jun 2 18:39:47 2005

Dear Stan and List,

NAU has not made a formal statement in regards to any pairing status. The
lack of data from other suspected pairings has caused the University of
Washington, the original classifier not to comment and pairings remain
uncertain. If you check the latest Meteoritical Bulletin you will see they
have two different classifications and varied test results. The oxygen
isotopes do not plot on top of each other and their is no evidence that I am
aware of that could be presented to sway the Nomenclature Committee that
such a pairing exists. There are no official pairings to NWA 3133 that I am
aware of. This conversation is about dealers stealing other dealer's
descriptions not official pairing status. I accept what NAU has to say
about pairings but the NomCom may and collaborating laboratories may not.

Take Care,

Adam Hupe
The Hupe Collection
Team LunarRock