[meteorite-list] A statement in regards to NWA 3133

From: stan . <laser_maniac_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Jun 2 18:24:06 2005

>I stated, as long as some reputable institution
>claims a pairing I have no problem at all with a dealer making this claim.
>My problem is that there is still disagreement in regards to NWA 1839 being
>paired to NWA 3133. The original classifying institution, the University
>of
>Washington has not made any pairing statements for consideration by the
>NomCom.

just for the record, and incase you were unaware - NAU's website lists 3133,
1839 as being paired. The may have not presented the data to the NomCom, but
they DID publically represent such a pairing. I'd be carefull how you word
your writting Adam, because one could interpret what you wrote as a claim
that NAU is not a reputable institution. I'm sure Dr. Bunch and Wittke would
not take kindly to that.

see:
http://www4.nau.edu/meteorite/Meteorite/Book-PrimitiveAchond.html
about half way down under primitive ungrouped achonderites