[meteorite-list] A statement in regards to NWA 3133

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Jun 2 19:14:14 2005

Dear List,

My last comments. The so-called official descriptions posted by Stan to the
List which are now in the archives differ greatly than what is now posted in
the bulletin. Apparently the description of NWA 1839 has been upgraded
since then. Admittedly, I only looked at the header and assumed the rest of
the original classification had stuck since it is still being called an L7.
The NAU web-site is wrong in stating that NWA 3133 was initially classified
as an L7. It has always been called a PAC by the University of Washington.
In any case, I have stated from the beginning that I have no problem with
what qualified institutions have to say about pairings. I never received a
straight answer about NWA 1839 other than it is similar is to NWA 3133. I
will get in touch with both the University of Washington and NAU to see if a
final consensus has been reached.

Now lets get back to the subject of dealers copying other dealer's hard
copyrighted work!

All the best,

Adam Hupe
The Hupe Collection