[meteorite-list] WD-40

From: Eric Twelker <twelker_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Jun 3 00:49:27 2005

Hello List

    Possibly one of the sources of the idea that WD-40 contains water is my
preservation page. The reason I wrote this was personal experience. When I
was starting out in the business, I bought a gallon can of WD-40 at the
hardware store. I poured it into a glass container to treat some
meteorites. In the bottom, sitting in an immiscible layer was something
that sure looked like water to me. I didn't analyzed the layer, but when I
heard that WD-40 contained water, I was convinced.

    Regards,

    Eric Twelker
    http://www.meteoritemarket.com