[meteorite-list] How to Watch July 4 Comet Impact

From: Sterling K. Webb <kelly_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Jun 3 20:39:54 2005

MexicoDoug_at_aol.com wrote:

> Just imagine how bright Venus is as seen from Mercury when they are in
> opposition!) The answer is -6.7, just about the same Earth looks to Venusian
> observers on a clear day:), with our Luna being as bright as Jupiter to treated
> Venusians...

Doug,
    As a Venusian, I can't tell you the last time I remember having a "clear day"!
Seems like there's always 25 or 30 miles of thick cloud cover overhead, at least in
the part of Venus I live in... My great-great uncle, Baratu SpaFon, who's 1123 years
old, keeps saying he can remember a clear day once, but we in the family know how
unreliable old Baratu's stories can be. He once claimed to have met an Earthling.

Sterling