[meteorite-list] Life Found in NWA 2126 Eucrite

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Jun 6 02:55:45 2005

Hello list,

It is my great pleasure to annouce that Dr. Galippe was correct. In the
Hupe's NWA 2126 (Eucrite), I have found fossilized crinoids. A photograph
of this important discovery can be found here....

http://www.meteoritearticles.com/NWA_2126_Eucrite_TS04a.jpg

Then again.....it could be just an interesting group of small plagioclase
laths, that appear to be broken around an angrite fragment. (Ok, the
fragment could be olivine, pigeonite or a dozen other minerals that light up
very much the same, but I am saying angrite.) (Smile now.)

Other photographs of the NWA 2126 thin section can be found here:

http://www.meteoritearticles.com/colnwa2126ts.html

Photograph two shows a nice hypersthene fragment.

Clear Skies,
Mark Bostick
Wichita, Kansas
www.meteoritearticles.com

PS: Adam or Greg, I noticed the NAU has 227g. as the TKW on their website,
while you have 2227g as the TKW. (And 2003, while you have 2004) If it was
one stone of 2227g and NAU left off one of the "2's", let me know and I will
fix the description appropriately.