[meteorite-list] What was he thinking?

From: Matson, Robert <ROBERT.D.MATSON_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Jun 6 19:44:36 2005

Hi Bob,

In cases where a meteorite is obviously an O.C. (and preferably an
equilibrated O.C.), I can fully appreciate your position. The problem
is that it's almost never obvious. While some stones might look like
run-of-the-mill EOCs on the outside, one can be fooled. I found a
beautifully crusted and oriented little individual at Roach Dry Lake
a few years ago and agonized over cutting it. From the outside and
the paramagnetism, there was nothing to indicate that it was anything
other than an ordinary chondrite. But I'm glad I cut it in the end.
Turned out to be my first find that WASN'T an ordinary chondrite.
It was an EL6! --Rob