[meteorite-list] What was he thinking?

From: Martin Altmann <Altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Jun 6 19:50:24 2005

Hi Bob,

as far as I know DaG 113 was found in 1996.
At those times meteorites were highly treasured and appreciated.
Imagine, some collectors and scientists treated them as they would be pieces
from other worlds, out from space, as they would be more rare than gold!
I heard, that ordinary chondrites were even classified then!
Yes those were the days....

Grampa Buckleboo.