[meteorite-list] Extreme melting event defines Earth's early history

From: MexicoDoug_at_aol.com <MexicoDoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Jun 17 11:12:05 2005

Darren G. writes:

>If chondrites with a close to "solar average" composition are close enough
>to the Earth to be nudgable into an Earth-intercepting orbit, why would it b
>such a stretch to think that the Earth could be made up of chondrites that,
>overall, averaged out to the "solar average"?

Ergodically considered, the average position of the Earth+Moon over its
annual rotational period, measured from the Sun is near the center of the Sun,
and Earth's average radius vector from Earth's center approach zero. So if we
are biased in favor of averages instead of interesting perturbations, Earth
doesn't exist despite recent scientific observations to the contrary...but we
still have the number "0" we can write on a piece of paper and file away, so
that certainly motivates food for thought?
Saludos, Doug
(lacking a few degrees of freedom at the moment)