[meteorite-list] Re: who does what for what cause?

From: Dave Freeman mjwy <dfreeman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Jun 17 22:04:40 2005

Or....
Someone bangs and clangs the super cymbals on capt'n Bloods attempt at
commerce by claiming the egg is sandstone and thus killing a chance for
the poor Kansas dirt farmer's kid that will never have a future as the
real egg the kid spent five summers looking for on his grandpaws
worthless chalk ranch is his ticket to a college
education??????????????? And the doo do-gooder scientists want some
something of value for nothing (and they know people with money that
WOULD pay if they had to but ALWAYS expect it for free)....(like
environmental zealots) always wanting but not in their back yard......no
drilling but they drive a gas sucking SUV. Save Woodsy Owl but live in
a half million square foot wood mansion in the forest.
Society has trained us to watch out for crackpots... on both sides of
the fence. Shell oil just donated $2 million to help committees and
sage grouse in Wyoming....how many extra bird eggs do we think that
would buy? How many additional jobs would $2 million make so poor
workers would not have to work 90 hours (no kidding) per week in a
dangerous profession? I say buy the egg, science can pay going rate.
 Works with other commerce, who thinks they are so special? My fish
associates donate plenty to science annually. Their selling price for
the only whole eohippus horse $1.5 million.
 Somebody has the money, maybe Oprah, maybe Steven Speilberg, get a fund
going. Make an omelet!
Power to the bloody pirates of free commerce!
D F.