[meteorite-list] Re: Magical Brenham meteorite

From: Notkin <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Jun 23 13:32:50 2005

> Is it the magic? The exceptional function?
>
> http://www.paleozoic.org/shows/tucson-2003/pages/darryl.htm

Hi Joe and List:

I took that photo during the 2003 Tucson show.

The Brenham belonged to the original Steve Arnold. Darryl Pitt
(Macovich Collection) took a liking to it, and was playing around with
it outside his room at the InnSuites. I was using a high shutter speed
on my Nikon, and happened to catch the Brenham at a moment when it
appeared to sit motionless in the air. It's such an odd photo -- really
looks like he is levitating it : )

Must be a magnetic personality.

Geoff N.