[meteorite-list] Some Images of the Randsburg California Iron

From: Martin Altmann <Altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Jun 28 06:08:24 2005

Hi Matteo,

> is not the first time a meteorite is passed for a new
> meteorite and after the analysis is confirmed is a
> Campo del Cielo

yes, you're right - what about the values of your new Italian iron, can't
remember, "Umbria" tralala? Are they ready?
As the uncut piece looked like a cleaned Campo, which rusted later again, we
wanna see the trace elements.

To suspect Marcin's iron to be Campo shows no great knowledge, more adequate
it would be to suspect it to be a Morasko.

>From the pictures of the new find, if the story is true, if it wasn't
cleaned down recently, I would exclude that it's should be a Campo.
A Campo simply would look somewhat different, after sitting for decades in a
rockshop :-). (I dohoon't believe in "New Campo").

Unfortunately no Scherff-cube or a ruler is found in the picture with the
etched slice. To me it makes the impression to be somewhat coarser, than the
average Campo.

Buckleboo!
Martin