[meteorite-list] Quarter of Mars Scientists atEuropean MeetingBelieve Life Possible on Mars

From: mark ford <markf_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Mar 21 13:24:53 2005

I think the bio-skeptics (like me) will wake up and say 'yes there's
life! - when:

A)We see it

B)someone presents evidence of direct life (not just a cloud of methane)
I mean [actual] evidence, collected and presented without any 'funding
bias', or vested interest, (like justifying future space programs to
congress.)

It all sounds an awful lot like they have a theory and are desperately
trying to find shreds of evidence to prove it rather than keeping an
open mind and seeing what appears. The wrong way to do science.

Personally I rekon Mars is about the least likely place for life, but
who knows. Thing is, life on earth leaves us clues all over the place,
surely we would have detected life on Mars by know. Personally I'd have
thought 'Titan the flying chemistry set, would be the best bet. Least it
has an ATMOSPHERE!

Best
Mark Ford