[meteorite-list] meteorite legality responce.

From: Rob Wesel <nakhladog_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Mar 21 13:24:57 2005

Thanks Mike and others -

"legally obtained" is all I need to know right now, all the other stuff
suggests there is a legal process one must follow to hunt, collect, and
export and I understand if you do not wish to share that information.

It is obvious that many are going, good people, respected people. Never has
one of them mentioned the police until last night. That was enough for me to
ask, to find out if the naysayers had any merit. They have sat silent on
this topic and such silence speaks volumes...they really don't KNOW what
they are talking about.

I just got nervous about a fun trip being ruined, what with the mention of
police and all, along with the fact that I have heard everything from "no
restrictions" to "the Sultan can reach all the way into the US and get them
back".

I am several months out, still much to plan and arrange, this helps.

Rob Wesel
http://www.nakhladogmeteorites.com
We are the music makers...
and we are the dreamers of the dreams.