[meteorite-list] MeteoriteTimes for May is now up.

From: Dave Freeman mjwy <dfreeman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun May 8 02:29:12 2005

Dear All,
I really think that you miss the point of the times being MUCH different
then, and if you haven't been a starving miner at least once in your
lives...you really don't have a clue as to the chances that one takes to
make money. One can sink or swim, and rarely does one get rich or really
make it. Mr. Barringer played by the rules of the times. What of the big
Union Pacific land grab, the Oklahoma land rush, the settling of all the
western states...I really think you REALLY miss the point, TIMES WERE
DIFFERENT THEN, LIVE WITH IT.
If it weren't for pioneer mining ventures what would have become of the
Comstock Lode of Nevada, the diamond mining of Africa in kimberly 1871,
other hard work and money to get things going. Try doing a little mining
history study before you judge any one that filed any claim or purchased any
mining lands under the 1872 mining claim act. The government encouraged it,
and it does still to this day....chew on that a little bit before moving on.
Complain all you want but until your name has been on a mining claim, and
you have spent time and money to work out a claim that doesn't pay the
bills, then you are just blowing smoke.
File a claim, work it, then come back and let's hear your opinion.

Starving Miners Alumni,
Dave Freeman
mjwy