[meteorite-list] Re: A to Z corrections/ Sale offer

From: Martin Horejsi <martinh_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon May 9 13:35:15 2005

Hi Mike,

Meteorites A-Z is an excellent reference, and one that is never far
away (especially since is have three copies). Thank you so much for
producing such a needed handbook.

One more correction you might add to the list is that the fall of the
Pantar stone happened at 0845 hours, not the listed 2045 hours as in
the Catalogue and A-Z (which I guess is redundant since your info
likely came from the Catalogue).

Anyway, the fall of of the Pantar chondrite was the topic of my
latest column in Meteorite Magazine, and although I don't have any
source supporting an evening fall other than the Catalogue, I do have
articles by Nininiger documenting the event, and all state a morning
fall. In fact, the descriptions collected onsite note many morning
activities that were disrupted by the fireball.

Again, thanks for a terrific product!

Martin