[meteorite-list] Re: A to Z corrections/ Sale offer

From: meteoriteplaya_at_comcast.net <meteoriteplaya_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed May 4 14:05:29 2005

Hi

I have complied a list of the mistakes that were made to content in writing the second edition of our book "Meteorites from A to Z". This does not include the inevitable missing periods commas or the like. If you want I have an easier to read MS Word file that shows the actual corrections in red and is sized to match the pages in the book. Let me know if you want a copy and I can email the file to you.
Somewhat surprising, to me any way, only three of the mistakes came from readers of the book. So if you have any additional errors please let me know so corrections can be made in future editions.
I do have updates to information as well but have not included it on this page. You will have to buy the next edition in order to get this information. Of course I'm always looking for update to TKWs, corrected classifications, spellings and any additional information that should be added to future additions. Please include a reference if you have one or first hand information if no reference is available.

<Start>
Meteorites from A to Z second edition
Corrections 5/4/05
P10 last paragraph Alan = Allan
P11 Rumurutite (R3-5) = Rumurutite (R3-6)
P14 last paragraph 4th sentence …square brackets (#) = …square brackets [#]

Main Section
P16 delete Al Kidirate also P185, P209, P242 paired with Kidairat
P33 Cook 003 CK4 = Cook 003 CK4 anom
*P50 Guadaloupe County……Guadaloupe Co., TX = Guadalupe Co., TX
P57 Independence L6; Jackson Co., MS = Independence L6; Jackson Co., MO also p 216
P83 Ningqiang CK3 = Ningqiang CK3 anom
P111 Smithland IVA; = Smithland IVA ATAX;