[meteorite-list] A Message Concerning Oman

From: DNAndrews <DNA1_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun May 15 04:10:08 2005

joseph_town_at_att.net wrote:

>I don't get it. Why didn't John B. take the time to understand the law in the first place?

What law? Could you cite it or send us an URL about this law for us?

> The thrill of the hunt took precedence?

Everyone and their dog (but myself) has been there many times with no
incident. (Including this group of people). I'm guessing by your post
that you don't subscribe to Meteorite Magazine?

> If you consider all the ill will between Muslim fundamentalists and the rest of the planet why bother exploring that region. Should we call it greed, stupidity, disregard, overzealousness or what.

This is Oman, not Iraq, Iran or Afghanistan. Their troubles had nothing
to do with Muslim fundamentalists or extremists. Know the facts before
you call someone "greedy" or "stupid". I believe the correct term
should be "adventurous".