[meteorite-list] AD - A FEW DANDYS

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat May 21 08:47:34 2005

Hello,

I guess I will clarify a little. If you really want to get technical. A
meteorite is not official until the Bulletin goes from provisional to
official. For our next batch that won't be until 4-5 months from now. (Its
usually Aug. or Sept.)

Now lets take the last meteorite me and Jerry have put the ringer, Kansas
State University. I was e-mailed on February 3, by Rhrian Jones, who's job
is the US part of the meteorites for the NomCom, that "The meteorite "Kansas
State University" has been voted on and accepted."

So if you want we can add another term "accepted", but I think most of us
would be willing to say it is official. Or at least that it was no longer
provisional.

Look over Bob Vernish's articles in Meteorite Times the last couple months.
These were about US meteorites that will be, and likely in his article, some
that didnt make it into the bulletin.

Clear Skies,
Mark