[meteorite-list] Franconia Iron Impact Crater Pic's

From: thetoprok_at_aol.com <thetoprok_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat May 21 10:55:26 2005

Hello Bill, List,

That is an excellent example of how these irons came to be. I've seen
some individuals with big flat squares of iron sticking out. One of the
stones I have is similar to the one you have but not as dramatic, the
metal is not peeling off, it's flat on the broken surface and is about
1/4 inch x 1/8 inch and very thin.

Regards,
Larry