[meteorite-list] Re: THE ART OF PHOTOGRAPHING

From: Chris Peterson <clp_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat May 21 13:47:25 2005

Tom-

I'd suggest making a light stand. Very simple and cheap- just a couple of
gooseneck lamps on either side of a 24" square board. This will let you
light your sample from the sides and eliminate problems with glare and
reflections. You might want to add a little frame overhead that will let you
attach the camera so you don't have to hold it. I've shot hundreds of
digital meteorite images at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science with
just such a setup.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory