[meteorite-list] AD - A FEW DANDYS

From: Meteoriteshow <meteoriteshow_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat May 21 14:12:06 2005

Hi All,

Mark Bostick wrote:
> Although, as I noted, no one is using Grossman's stage table, which
appears
> to be pretty new and is not posted anywhere on the Met. Soc. Website. Nor
> has it been sent to its members. Grossman also announced he was stepping
> down several months ago, although it is obvious he is still involved. (Hi
> Jeff....:^)

Jeff informed the List about those steps on March 3, 2005 in order to make
it clearer to some List Members who already had different points of view
about "official" names of meteorite, and when it should be considered as
"official".
Those stages do not appear anywhere else as far as I know and I guess they
were just described for the first time.
Here is the full text of Jeff Grossman's e-mail about one of Matteo's
meteorites, kind regards,

Frederic Beroud
http://www.meteoriteshow.com
IMCA member # 2491 (http://www.imca.cc/)