[meteorite-list] Macrochondrules, My biggest Chondrule

From: bernd.pauli_at_paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue May 24 14:33:17 2005

Hello Mark, Christian, and List,

Real "whoppers", ... your macro- or megachondrules!

> Another interesting chondrule is present on NWA 081. The
> pyroxene seems to flower out from where the chondrule is.

> http://www.meteoritearticles.com/colnwa081.html

That's a very interesting example. This may be a xenolithic "clast"
and the "flowering effect" my have been caused by the impact of
unrelated material into or onto the host meteorite. Reminds me of
the lunar Mare Orientale impact basin with its multiple concentric
rings. Very beautiful!

Best regards,

Bernd