[meteorite-list] Re: Two Questions

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue May 24 14:37:28 2005

Hello Walter,

It is my understanding that the gases trapped in the
Los Angeles meteorite are "mantle-derived".

Hard to find references that explain how Martian
"atmospheric" gases differ from "mantle-derived"
gases, but there is a good discussion about gases and
water near the end of this web page:

http://www.mpch-mainz.mpg.de/~kosmo/members/waenke/opus.htm

And there is a section in this paper that has more
recent results:

http://www.lpi.usra.edu/publications/MSR/MSR.pdf

Bob V.